Organised Social Play
On Saturday afternoons, social play begins at 2.00 pm and continues until approximately 5.30 pm, after which time members are free to arrange their own sets. Sets of about 25 minutes are arranged and displayed on a board in front of the clubhouse. On arrival each member is requested to place their name on the board so that they are included in the next round of sets. Please remember to give the member rostered on board duty at least one set’s notice if you intend to leave early.
Courts are available on Sundays for social play, however priority is given to adult and junior pennant matches if these are being played.
Members may organise their own play on the grass courts at any other available time. On Mondays the grass courts are unavailable due to the grounds maintenance and members’ play is confined to the hard courts.
Saturday Social Play Roster
Members who play regularly on a Saturday will be rostered during the summer season to open the Clubhouse, organise the afternoon’s play as well as arrange the afternoon tea. The Roster is established for the season and is posted on the noticeboard and website and will also be distributed via email to members.
- Tennis balls are provided by the Club for all organised play.
- League players are liable for the cost of balls used and team entry fees.
- Dress for club organised events is any recognised tennis attire with approved tennis shoes.
- Elections for all positions on the Club Board for Management are held at the Annual General Meeting.
- “Junior Club” members are NOT permitted use of grass courts without supervision of a senior member or parent but may use the hard courts without charge during the day, as available.
- A visitor may play at the Club during organised play on six occasions only, after which time an application for membership must be made. The first visit will be free and subsequent visits will be $10.00. Visitors fees paid will be rebated against membership fees.
Termination of Membership
Members who are not financial for more than twelve months without having been granted Supernumerary status shall cease to be members of the A.P.T.C. and will therefore be liable to any further entrance fee. Members who seriously or repeatedly violate the Club code or fail to pay outstanding fees may have their membership suspended by the Board of Management as per the club constitution.
Court Use Outside Organised Play
All members are welcome to use the courts outside organised play as available but MUST vacate the hard courts if a member of the public arrives, having booked and paid for the court. Members may book and use the hardcourts for free during daylight hours, but must pay for lights at night ($5 per hour) and pay the $10 visitor fee, if applicable. Courts are booked via the APTC website booking function.
Members may invite VISITORS to play on the grass courts outside organised play, in which case a fee of $10.00 must be collected by the host member and paid to the Treasurer. Contact details are on the APTC website (www.allenparktennisclub.com.au).